London / Remote / WFH.
Salary: £75k - £85k Contract: Full-time with flexible hours considered Location: Remote-first / Hybrid / London-based office all considered
At Reason we design, build, and launch digital products worth building. These products digitally transform business and peoples’ lives.
We’re looking for an experienced engineer to join our growing cross-functional digital product teams as a Technical Lead. We need someone with a good conceptual understanding of engineering practices across the full stack and a passion to help grow the team with their own experience and expertise.
Things you’ll find yourself doing
- Providing the engineering direction of the product working closely with the Product lead and the wider team to deliver high-quality software.
- Working on code, pairing with engineers on the team, reviewing their code and helping them pick the right design to solve the problem.
- Supporting the other functions (delivery, product) and our clients with decisions impacted by the technical strategy of the project
- Mentoring and/or line managing other engineers on your team.
We want to hear from you if ...
- You have built highly scalable and resilient web applications
- You love solving complex problems and getting the best product out.
- You are comfortable consulting with stakeholders outside of your team.
- You can demonstrate a good understanding of agile practices
- You have experience managing or mentoring other engineers
- You value different people, and can nurture good relationships
- You align with our core values
It would also be nice (but not necessary) for you have experience of ...
- Working with remote teams in other timezones
- Working with retail or supply chains
- Analytics & reporting
- Different persistence layers (SQL, NoSQL, Redis, ElasticSearch)
- AWS Serverless ecosystem
- Containerised services (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Continuous Integration / Deployment
- Large data sets on front-end or back-end
- TDD or BDD environment
More about us, our work and our practices
Here at Reason, we’re renowned for crafting amazing digital experiences and amazing products. Whether for our roster of international clients and partners, or for our homegrown ventures, we shape, design, build and test digital products/services with users at the very heart of our approach.
As the world changes around us, the challenges our clients are asking us to take on are becoming more fundamental, more strategic and more vital than ever to the success of their organisations.
Reason engineering adopts modern practices to product execution. We believe in creating sustainable and clean development environments to optimise time to market, create maintainable codebases and provide a rewarding development experience. All our products are set up on a foundation of CI/CD pipelines, Infrastructure as Code, and QA automation engineering, so we’re able to speed up feedback loops and realise product value quickly through the full software development lifecycle. Majority of our products are bespoke green-field development in a range of sectors, and different technology approaches, so there are always lots of fun technology challenges to solve.
Reason engineering is cloud native, often AWS, using terraform for environment configuration, bitbucket pipelines for CI/CD, building Serverless stacks and a range of persistence layers on the back-end, with React on the front-end. But we sometimes take different approaches where product and digital strategy requires.
What you’ll get
- A fair reward for your effort
- Benchmarked salary & 8% pension contribution
- Annual profit share
- Time off to disconnect, relax & care for your family
- 25 days paid time off & bank holidays
- Extra 10 days paid holiday every 3 years
- Enhanced parental compensation packages
- Investment in your personal learning & development
- Personal development budget to use for training & conferences
- Regular company-wide training
- Book purchases
- Regular team & company meetings to give you visibility across all the work we do
- Contribution to your health and wellness
- Significant wellness budget
- Social events to help you bond with your team
- Independent Employee Assistance Programme to help out with issues including mental health, money, HR
- The right tools to do your job
- Standing desk, headphones, input devices, software licences to do great work.
- Annual (after the first three months) technology of budget of £400 you can use to experiment with new kit
- Option to work from home or our pet-friendly london office
Our vision for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We are striving to create an environment where everyone can be themselves and is valued for who they are. We know diverse teams help us make better products and services and actively hire for cultural growth, welcoming and embracing people of all identities, stories and backgrounds. We are thoughtful, listen carefully and work hard to be inclusive of all people.
While we are moving in the right direction, we know there are things we have to improve. We are humble enough to recognise that pursuing this requires regular reflection, moments of personal challenge and discomfort and continuous improvement of our policies, practises and initiatives.
The bottom line is this - Reason is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives, and we strive to contribute towards a more open and fair society.
How to apply
We've developed a unique application process with Collaborative Future, which will ask you to share the following with us:
Examples of two websites or applications that you have worked on and are proud of. Sharing why you are proud of them and providing bullet-point list of some of the technology and approaches you applied in these builds
An example of how you’ve mentored or supported other engineers to achieve a good result and what you felt you personally contributed to their success and growth.
Share one unique perspective or experience that you bring into your work and why you think it would be useful
If you're interested in the role please apply here by Monday 28th March at 5pm. If you have any issues accessing Typeform please get in touch.