At Reason we design, build, and launch digital products worth building. These products digitally transform business and peoples’ lives.
Reason is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and services and actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, genders, ethnicity, stories and backgrounds. While we are moving in the right direction, we know there are things we have to improve and we will strive to do so.
Location: London / Remote / WFH.
Here at Reason, we’re renowned for crafting amazing digital experiences. Whether for our roster of international clients and partners, or for our homegrown ventures, we shape, design, build and test digital products/services with users at the very heart of our approach.
As the world changes around us, the challenges our clients are asking us to take on are becoming more fundamental, more strategic and more vital than ever to the success of their organisations.
As a developer you will work to solve difficult problems and build beautiful and intuitive features within a cross-functional team of technologists, designers, product owners and agile coaches.
- Current in your practice. You have a good working understanding in user-centred processes and latest testing tools. You keep up with the latest trends in technology.
- Highly Collaborative. Able to work collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams of designers, developers and product managers using Agile and Lean principles.
- A clear communicator. Capable conveying ideas and break down concepts clearly to a diverse range of stakeholders (verbally and written).
- Open to sharing. Whether that be your thoughts, ideas and work in-progress.
- Want to grow. You seek out opportunities to learn, promoting regular feedback with those who you work with.
- Resilient. Can handle with pressure and work in a dynamic and fast-moving environment.
- Adaptable. You can handle in ambiguity and are comfortable switching contexts and able to apply your practice across a range of industries and different deliverables and goals.
- Strong experience with React.
- Strong experience in Node.js
- Strong experience with Typescript.
- Strong experience with Redux & Webhooks
- Working knowledge of modern cross-browser HTML5+, ES6+ and CSS3+
- Experience with GraphQL
- Awareness of the most established libraries, their ecosystems and how to - choose between them
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration / Deployment
- Experience with unit testing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working within agile environments including Scrum / Kanban
Nice to have:
- Data visualisation and D3 experience
- AWS Serverless ecosystem experience
- Knowledge of different databases and their characteristics (SQL / NoSQL / real-time, GraphQL, etc.)
- Experience in building highly scalable and resilient web applications
- Practical experience with TDD and / or BDD (Mocha, Jest, Cucumber, Rspec, Capybara, Selenium, etc.)