We’re an independent digital product studio of 45+ friendly and focused individuals, with an international client list of global brands. We build long term partnerships with brands seeking digital transformation. With user-centred design at the core of our approach, we work hard to understand their underlying needs. Together we explore the most effective route to deliver change that matters, hence the work is always varied, interesting and challenging.
Reason is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and services and actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, genders, ethnicity, stories and backgrounds. While we are moving in the right direction, we know there are things we have to improve and we will strive to do so.
We are a multi-disciplined group with a shared passion for delivering successful projects and products for our clients. With core propositions in project mgmt, product management and Agile, we pride ourselves in being flexible and able to offer the right support based on client needs.
We are ardent learners, continuously honing our skills, tools and practices to ensure we as individuals and as a delivery team are performing to the best of our ability.
We are excited to meet Scrum Masters who share our passion for all things agile and product delivery. Below are the key areas in which you can add value to clients and Reason:
You hold confidence in your ability, but do not believe you know all the answers. Comfortable creating and responding to change in uncertain environments. Key tenets:
- Transparency: we all know what is going on
- Adaption: It’s okay to change tactical direction
- Inspection: check your work and seek validated learning constantly
- Growth: You’re always looking to learn and improve
Delivery of value
This is a primary responsibility. Focussing on outcomes and increasing flow of value to our clients and their customers. We want small units of high value to flow through to end customers at a predictable cadence.
Team cohesion and collaboration
There should be a natural focus on facilitating communication and alignment in the team. By default we will assign a scrum master to a single team. Only if well established, mature teams exist will a scrum master be asked to work across 2 teams. Where clients are working at scale additional support from agile coaches will be available.
Reporting and oversight
Create and contribute to reporting and metrics, maintaining transparency as a key value.
Supplementary to this, the Scrum Master supports their team in several ways:
- Relentless pursuit of continuous improvement
- Coaching in self management & collaborative practices
- Helping the team to breakdown and understand work prior to it being accepted into a sprint
- Working closely with product manager/owner to ensure work is of high value
- Helping to answer questions, solve problems, and remove blockers
- Help with establishing empirical product planning principles in complex environments
- Facilitating stakeholder engagement as required and needed
- Work with the client to establish ways of working (WoW)
- Helping stakeholders understand and enact empirical approaches for complex work
- Ensure communication channels are clear between team and stakeholders
- Being flexible and adaptive in nature. Pragmatic in approach
Minimum of 2 years experience of at least one area of Lean or Agile be it Scrum, Kanban, Extreme Programming and variants.
- Experience with any ‘scaled’ agile frameworks.
- Regular attendance and contribution to agile community events
Additional areas of responsibility
- Consultation & supporting new business
- Work with the Reason team to properly plan out, allocate people and cost projects
- Identify opportunities for additional work with clients
Project Management, Governance and Control
All projects at Reason - regardless of methodology - adhere to common standards. It is expected that all Scrum masters have awareness of:
- Project Budget and Financial Management - reconciling estimates, actuals, forecasts, reporting on revenue recognition, invoicing
- Able to facilitate roadmapping and estimation for the production of a “first backlog” or schedule of work
- Risk Management and the ability to report objectively and accurately on project health
- Stakeholder management and the ability to consult with clients, manage expectations and when necessary, have difficult, diplomatic conversations
- Facilitating retros / lessons learned sessions and ensuring learnings are applied
Alternative job spec:
For any candidates with a preference for visual information, here’s something you might find easier to digest:
If you think this could be the right role for you, we would love to hear from you. Even if you’re not sure you match all the stuff listed above, come and talk to us anyway!
Meet your team
Your manager at Reason will be Delivery Director Noel Warnell. With over 20 years experience delivering software solutions and 10 years leading large scale change initiatives, Noel is an experienced practitioner who is seeking to build a first class delivery team at Reason.
Supporting Delivery & Agile at Reason is Operations Director and co-founder, Jim Head. Jim has 15 years of experience in digital product, an insatiable curiosity and thirst for knowledge, and is always looking at how we can improve and support our people in the right way.
What about Covid & flexible working?
Right now, we’re operating a blended remote working & in-person model, with the office open (with Covid-safe measures) for face to face meetings and for anyone who wants a change of scenery. We’ve given as much support as we can for people to work comfortably from home, and will continue to do this.
We’ll likely have a minimum number of days in the office (e.g. once or twice a week), probably aligned to specific project/client meetings, with flexibility to work elsewhere for the rest of the time.
So if you’re interested in the role but can only commit to come to the London office for a few days, don’t let this be a barrier - we’ll be happy to discuss your individual circumstances. And when it does become more common to head back into the office, you’ll be pleased to find:
- space for collaboration and meeting pods for quietly joining remote/hybrid meetings
- a pet-friendly & bike-friendly office
- two huge roof terraces (for when it gets sunny)
- fully-stocked company kitchen (request your favourite snacks!)